Backup Disc Errors!!! how do i recover?

gavin2121 18:50 01 Feb 08

Hi,

Recently installed Acronis suite and commenced operation backup on to various DVDr's to release some much needed hard disk space. Trouble is, once all the information was backed up, i deleted the original from my computer.

Last night i required an office programme that was located on one of the DVD's and upon launching Acronis to restore the information, the system stalled and a read error on the disc came up... i.e the disc in no good.

Is there software on the market that will locate deleted programmes, not just word docs and Jpeg's??

I need the complete file that contained exe's etc

pac73 18:53 01 Feb 08

I dont know if this will work click here
Its worth a try.

aine 18:58 01 Feb 08

Acronis usually creates a recovery partition, this only requires you to press F11 on boot up. You can also use the acronis disc if you got one ,when you purchased the suite

gavin2121 16:32 04 Feb 08

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

The file i'm looking for is an (.nrg) file. Contains a backup of my entire office suite and notebook full or keys for all my app's and games.

I've tried Recuva, recover my files and active file recovery. None of the find deleted .nrg files whether they've been overwritten or not.

I tried the F11 thing but acronis didn't create a partition.

How can i recover failed .nrg files????

stylehurst 17:08 04 Feb 08

You probably can't.
Acronis is a good program, but you should always verify an image before deleting your original.
It is also preferable to back up to an external HDD rather than DVDs; DVD quality varies.

If you still want to try to recover your files have a look at a program called Isobuster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…