Backup data onto Zip 100 - which program

Christopher Lewis 11:05 19 Feb 05

I'm on the search for a backup program which will work on my system.I have a PC running Win98SE, and a USB Zip 100 drive. I have been happily using this for my daily data backups for 2-3 years.

Can anyone suggest a simple backup program? I just need to do daily backups, with a scheduler.

For some reason the Iomega software I use has stopped working - it gets stuck at the 'initialising' stage. I've tried uninstalling, cleaning registry and reinstalling, with the same result. I guess I probably installed something that interferes, but don't know what. I can still use the drive with Windows Explorer. Windows backup program can't handle a USB Zip drive!

Christopher

Diodorus Siculus 11:14 19 Feb 05

Try Karen's Replicator
click here

€dstowe 11:19 19 Feb 05

It could be that the ZIP drive itself is not working.

I had one that wore out after many years of good service. It started to go through the motions of doing something then gave up. A new one (250MB version) worked fine.

I don't use either nowadays. I find them very expensive, slow and they don't have enough capacity for my needs.

Christopher Lewis 11:26 19 Feb 05

The drive is working OK. I can drag and drop files to it, or open files on the discs, using standard windows methods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…