Backup data management

cpn 21:30 03 Apr 10
Answered

I am running Vista and Norton 360. I backup to a spare hard disk installed just for that purpose. The disk eventually gets full and I am not sure how to identify what to delete without loosing everything until I do a new backup. I have found the backup files and backup sets in explorer but I am unsure which are Vista backups and which are Norton and how to retain a previous good backup and delete the rest to make space
Can anyone help please
cpn

Terry Brown 10:19 04 Apr 10
Answer

The backup files should be numbered 1,2,3 etc for each backup.

If you right click on the first one of a set and select properties, it will show you the date when it was created and usually what program created it.

I suggest, if you are running short of space that you remove the earliest backup set.
Terry

cpn 13:19 04 Apr 10

Many thanks for your clear and quick response Terry. I understand now. I keep learning a bit more
Stephen

David_2010 13:04 07 Apr 10

Hello,

regarding any backup made using Norton 360 features, you will either have a special folder named "N360_BACKUP" and/or if you have setup the "online storage" feature: a special drive named "Norton Backup Drive".

David
Norton Support
For more information, please visit the Norton Support website or the Norton Community

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now