Backup-Automated system recovery-problems

blackjohn 15:43 04 Mar 05

I am experiencing problems in getting XP professional to produce a Recovery Floppy Disc after running a ASR of my C drive.

I have tried several times to do this. The backup of the C drive works OK but at the end of the backup where you get the BACKUP UTILITY box, which tells you to insert a blank formatted 1.44Mb floppy disc. – and duly do - it just keeps on coming up with a RED CROSS telling to me to re-try.

I first suspected the floppy, but I have tried several floppies - ensuring that I could load info to before reformatting and using.

My other query is if you do a System State Backup you don’t get the BACKUP UTILITY box asking you to insert a floppy disc. Is this normal.?

Also now many computer systems does not come equipped with a floppy disc drive, therefore is the ASR utility in XP Professional useless?

blackjohn 14:34 07 Mar 05

rawprawn 16:56 07 Mar 05

Where it shows A: for backup , there is a button for "Brouse" next to it click on that and choose where you want it to go. If this is not what you meant just ignore me.

blackjohn 14:10 08 Mar 05

no i've got past that stage and did a a backup to my other hard drive -F.

It's at the point where it tells me to insert a floppy disk I get the trouble

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…