backup to 2nd hard drive

standing bull 09:59 23 Sep 04

can anyone please advise me on the easiest program to use to backup to a 2nd hard drive,considering i am not that computer literate,and i would like to move everything over,games ,folders, pictures,etc

captain birdseye 10:30 23 Sep 04

I use Acronis from click here

It an easy to use windows type interface as oposed to some of the other dos type programs.

captain birdseye 11:40 23 Sep 04

If you are using Win2k it has its own built in bacup facility in Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Backup......follow the wizard and you can tell it where to back up to.

Not familiar with XP so don't know if this has a similar facility.

Cheers

keenan 12:58 23 Sep 04

'Acronis' is excellent for full 'Image' backup &
easy to use.

If your using'XP' it also has its own backup utility.

'Powerless' has also provided an excellent guide.

click here.

Another program recommended on this forum

click here

Wak 13:10 23 Sep 04

If you use Win XP you can do a complete clone of one Hard drive to another using the FREE XXCLONE from click here or if you use Win 98 etc. use the FREE XXCOPY from click here.
I have used the XXCOPY for over two years now with my Win 98SE and it's straightforward and reliable.
It copies everything including Registry, System, System files, Programs and all Data files.

To use it you go to Start/ Programs/ MSDOS Prompt and enter C:\ xxcopy C:\ D:\/CLONE
Press ENTER and one hard drive is "cloned" on to another hard drive. It takes about two minutes to copy 5GB.

In case of problems occurring on the main drive you simply boot up the second drive (which then becomes the C:\ drive) and repeat the above entry in MSDOS Prompt. This will replace the original D:\ drive back on to the C:\ drive.

I use Genie backup manager - easy to use - and was free on a previous cover disk.

regards

dave

Leejg 18:13 23 Sep 04

Try this it works for me.

click here

standing bull 09:17 24 Sep 04

thanks for all responses,help greatly appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…