Backup

Sparkly 14:48 06 Dec 06

Hi can somebody advise on making a backup of files as to which system files to copy i.e the regisrty. I backup and store my music word doc's and any other important stuff to an external H/D. I have a copy of Retrospect Express 7.5 that was a settlement from Western Digital for all users of there drives (US court case)i want to back up the system but the backup is running into gigs so i would like to just backup the most important files should anything nasty ever occur. Any help would be appreciated.
XP Home SP2 Teac 80gig H/d
Maxtor 80gig Ex H/D
Western Digigital 160gig Ex H/D
All with plenty of room.

Technotiger 14:54 06 Dec 06

Hi, the best way is to do a total backup of your complete system/programs/settings etc. This is easily achieved by using something like Acronis True Image and backing up to an external hard-drive. It is also quite quick.

rawprawn 15:07 06 Dec 06

click here as Technotiger says is an excellent program, just choose to back up C: to your external HD and that will cover everything

Sparkly 15:42 06 Dec 06

Thanks Technotiger and rawprawn i do have Acronis 7 but i installed the retospect thinking it was the better of the two, U turn coming up.
Thanks guys.

Technotiger 15:44 06 Dec 06

Our pleasure .... Cheers

Technotiger 15:46 06 Dec 06

Me again, did you know that if you update from Acronis 7 to Acronis 10 you may get a 40% discount on Acronis 10.

Sparkly 15:56 06 Dec 06

Thanks Technotiger allways liked that word discount got a nice ring to it.

Technotiger 16:03 06 Dec 06

Yeah - nice one.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…