backup

jtw 14:05 27 Nov 05

Help. Am trying to backup c drive and get message from Nero that there is an error reading data (after it wrote to 7 dvds). Have tried to back up to external usb drive with norton ghost with similar error.
1. are the 7 dvds wasted
2 why does this all happen
3 does nero backup to external usb drive (can't see a way of doing it
4 any idea how i can back up the drive

stalion 14:11 27 Nov 05

this is a good program for backing up easier to use than ghost and recommended on this forum frequently click here

stalion 14:12 27 Nov 05

forgot to add use dvd-rw for backing up can be written to about 1000 times

jtw 14:12 27 Nov 05

Still worried that i can not get the pc to backup to what i already have.

jtw 14:13 27 Nov 05

Worried i might buy something that still does not work

stalion 14:15 27 Nov 05

acronis will work also if you have a problem with the pc try system restore

pj123 15:55 27 Nov 05

My C: drive is never "backed up". It is always cloned to a separate same size slave hard drive which is then removed from the computer and stored.

If my C: drive ever fails all I have to do is install the "cloned" drive as the master and reboot.

As I am on Win 98SE I use xcopy to do the cloning.

If you are on XP then xxcopy or xxclone can be downloaded for free from click here or click here

€dstowe 15:59 27 Nov 05

I would never entrust a backup to a writable DVD. I most certainly wouldn't use a re-writable type.

I wouldn't use a CD either. One scratch to the surface of either and you could have nothing more than a shiny beer mat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…