Backup 2 Seagate hard drives and True Image

viva chica 12:57 20 Mar 08

Hi

I'm new to this and staggered by the amount of information on this forum! Having trawled the site and others - I'm getting a bit confused...
Could anyone tell me if I can do the following and if I'm going about it in the right way.

My PC runs Windows XP Home with SP2.
I have bought 2 Seagate Freeagent Exteral HD 500gb and installed them successfully.
I want to use the 1st external drive to back up to and restore from. The 2nd drive will be for document storage (everything I use). Any software will be installed/downloaded onto the PC.
I've created an image of my PC using diskwizard onto the 1st external drive.
I've copied all documents from my PC to the 2nd external drive which is where I intend to work from.
I've created a bootable disc thing using diskwizard.
I'd like to do frequent backups of any changed documents from the 2nd drive to the 1st drive. In order to have a copy of the PC which I can use to restore in case of failure, I suppose I need to make a regular image of that to the 1st drive but I'm a bit sketchy on how and when.
I thought of buying Acronis T10 to help as diskwizard doesn't allow me to backup from one external to another and prompts me to the Acronis site.
Many thanks!

Kemistri 02:37 21 Mar 08

What, in essence, is your question?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now