BackOrifice.B virus on Windows XP, need help

davemilly 09:24 27 Oct 04

I recently ran spybot search and destroy and came up with this error message:

Error during check!: BackOrifice.B (Datei C:\WINDOWS\wininit.ini kann nicht geöffnet werden. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) ()

Ive ran my symantec anti-virus and it doesnt detect the backorifice.B virus. Spybot search and destroy and adaware both find new spyware each time they run but spybot is unable to finish and adaware does not detect backorifice.B either.
I've searched the internet, including symantec's site, but there doesnt seem to be much information regarding this "B" variation. Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me which files to delete?

Thanks,
Dave

ventanas 09:29 27 Oct 04

This the second one of these click here

May be a bug in Spybot.

rawprawn 10:20 27 Oct 04

click here Download and run this free scanner and turn System restore off before scanning

rawprawn 10:24 27 Oct 04

Sorry, posted before inrended. If backorofice is not a glitch in spybot, and I have had no such touble, Escan ought to find it. Also have you updated Spybot to 1.31TX version.

the problem was with a spybot glitch..they have released a new update to correct it..just updated mine and all is fine..regards karl

davemilly 18:54 27 Oct 04

Alright, I downloaded the latest update from spybot and I no longer get the backorifice.B error message. However, examining my startup files in Msconfig I have four unknown services that may or may not be related to Backorifice.B
They are as follows:

cdlzas c:\windows\system32\cdlzas.exe
sais c:\program files\180solutions\sais.exe
"blank" no entry (running in HKLM\software....)
"blank" no entry (running in HKCU\software....)

I cannot find any information regarding the "cdlzas" entry and I am not sure about the blank entries. (I found that the "sais" file needs to be deleted.)
Can anyone help with this? Is it unrelated to backorifice.B?

Thanks again,
Dave

davemilly 20:19 27 Oct 04

Well I think I've pretty much fixed the problem. I recently downloaded ad-aware se and found that the VX2 bug was causing most of my problems. By downloading the vx2 cleaner from lavasoft and disabling the "cdlzas" service at startup through msconfig I think the issue has been resolved. My computer is once again booting as it was before, running smoothly, and no more pop-ups (AGAIN!)

Thanks for all the info and I hope this helps someone else in the same situation.

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…