Backingup the contents of my computer

blackpat 09:38 11 Mar 03

Hi all, I'm having a problem trying to backup the contents of "My computer on to CD's. I follow the microsoft backup programme on my computer, when I get to the bit about starting backup, it says my CD is not ready, although the CD has been inserted.I would be very grateful for any help, thanks.
Blackpat.

AndySD 10:35 11 Mar 03

Is your Operating System XP home ?

Do you have Nero or EasyCD on your pc as it would be much simpler to use one of these programs.

woodchip 10:49 11 Mar 03

CD's are not supported by MSbackup, you need to backup to a new folder on your Drive and when you sellect backup exclude the folder that you are saving to in the backup. It work's I have done it

woodchip 10:49 11 Mar 03

PS if its not too big you can copy it to CD then

woodchip 10:53 11 Mar 03

PPS if you format a CDRW disc it may let you backup to the formatted disc but you will be more than likely limited to 650Mb, format another disc just in case

blackpat 12:27 11 Mar 03

I have windows 98 SE. I have Nero and have looked at that, but i have to drag everything across to copy. Is it just possible to burn all of the contents of "My Computer" in one go maybe using several CD's.with Nero? Thanks for your help. Blackpat.

woodchip 13:14 11 Mar 03

No the best and easy way, is for you to go out and buy Drive Image newer versions will write strait to your CDRW.

blackpat 13:48 11 Mar 03

Thanks a lot for your help, i will look into this drive image thingy. Regards Blackpat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…