Backing up with Windows 7

Allenf 14:34 PM 09 Jan 11

I have recently started using a new computer using Windows 7. The files I wish to back up are mostly in MS Office 2003 (Word and Excel) but I do have one in Corel Draw 12. The Windows 7 backup system refuses to backup the Corel Draw 12 file. Is the sytem programmed to only backup MS Office files ? Is there anything else I can do.
On the old computer from which these files were copied I used Windows XP with an Iomega external hard drive and the wonderful auto backup software that came with it.

Thanks, Allen

proudfoot 15:19 PM 10 Jan 11

You should be able to use the software associated with your external HD whatever system you have.
I am not familiar with Win7 so cannot comment on what files will be backed up from within Win7.
I have never used the built in software on either of my WD USB drives I have recently bought a 1TB. one, my wife now has my old 350GB one . I use Acronis TrueImage to make a complete backup of my System and Programs to the HD. All my data, video, music etc. is stored on the 1TB external HD in a Backup Folder.
If my system goes pear shaped which it has in the past on a few occasions usually caused by me?? I can restore my system within about 5 hours using the restore facility in TrueImage.
Macrium Reflect is a free program to enable you to make an image file of any thing on your PC including a whole drive but you will need a large external HD to do this.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

#AdventSauceJoyMince - generate a gratuitous Christmas tweet for #GivingTuesday charity

New MacBook Air release date, specs and rumours: 11in MacBook Air to be discontinued