Backing up the whole system with XP Home?

Hedontownee 09:08 28 Sep 05

I have been trying to fathom the easiest way to back up the whole system so that I can quickly recover in the event of a "fatal event"
Why cant you just copy C: drive ,which contains all the OS files and all the installed program files and all the data files etc...and burn the whole partition onto a CD, which you could then boot from if the system went down??
Would the CD made up in this way be bootable?
There must be a simple way to get your system back in the event of a irretrievable "crash"
I am sure there are many "gurus" out there who have a simple solution?
Thanks in advance

rawprawn 09:13 28 Sep 05

Acronis True Image, in my opinion the best there is. To recover completely just press F11 on boot
click here

Terry Brown 09:45 28 Sep 05

I use a second drive to keep all my working files on, including Backups. Even if the C: drive crashes, all your important information is still safe, even if you have to re-partition * format c:.

Admitted you will stil have to reload your applications (including XP), but I find it the best option.

pj123 10:35 28 Sep 05

My main C: hard drive is cloned to another hard drive of the same size. The cloned hard drive is then taken out of the computer and stored. If my C: drive packs up I then remove it and replace it with the cloned drive set as master and reboot. You can get xxcopy or xxclone from click here or click here respectively.

I usually re-do it about every 6 months or if I have installed any new applications.

rawprawn 10:43 28 Sep 05

Acronis will do all of the above from F11

Skeletor 14:00 28 Sep 05

Acronis is the way to go. In fact, shhh! don't tell anyone...(whispers)but you'll find a full free copy inside one of this months PC mags...you know, the one with the Answers.

Acronis. Excellent.

Hedontownee 05:18 29 Sep 05

OK Folks
Many thanks for all the advice
I have a Copy of Acronis version7
So hopefully the job will be sorted
Watch this space

pj123 15:02 29 Sep 05

Not a believer of Acronis, or even Nero Backitup.

I have 7 CDs which were backed up using Acronis.
and 4 DVDs using Nero Backitup.

If my C: drive fails how do I use Acronis or Nero backitup to restore it? if I can't boot at all.

Confab 15:07 29 Sep 05

The NERO disks are bootable.

De Marcus™ 15:08 29 Sep 05

by installing xp on a new or 'repaired' c: drive then acronis or nero, restore your os to the last backup.

Acronis works best as do most backup solutions by backing up to a different hardrive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…