Backing up - what should I be aware of?

tammer 18:51 23 Jul 06
  tammer 18:54 23 Jul 06

I meant to say - I have a laptop with XP Home SP2 installed. I've had 10 months now and haven't backed up yet. I'm now at the stage where I'm concerned about the hassle involved if (when) something goes wrong with Windows or the hard drive.

I'm thinking of going for the above hard drive and getting Acronis True Image to take a copy of my hard drive. My aim is so that, if something goes wrong, I just format my hard drive and load up the copy from the Maxtor.

Is this a sensible strategy or are there additional considerations I should be aware of?

rawprawn 19:11 23 Jul 06

Just get Acronis, I can recomend it. It has saved my bacon more than once. Whats more it will create a safe partion on your c drive (Acronis Secure Zone) which you can just hit F 11 on boot and restore your whole drive.Or you can save it to wherever you want.

woodchip 19:16 23 Jul 06

He Means Acronis True Image to create a Image of you C:\drive so you can restore it

woodchip 19:32 23 Jul 06

Yes to your first post, If you are going the Use it on USB make sure the Image is on the first of any partitions you create on the drive as Acronis only sees the first partition on a USB drive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…