Backing up using Norton Ghost with a DVD-RW

MIKE 10:13 10 Jan 05

I am trying to do a back up with Norton Ghost using a DVD-RW. After doing about 63% and with Norton ready to eject the full DVD for an empty one. Norton just shuts down before ejecting the DVD. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how do I get around it. Many thanks in advance for all ideas.

mattyc_92 11:33 10 Jan 05

I haven't had this problem before, I used to use Norton Ghost 2003 and didn't have this problem, but sometimes I had "error messages" from the program so I made the switch to Acronis True Image!!!

Peter 15:33 10 Jan 05

I'm not familiar with the latest version of Ghost (I use version 5.1d, which is quite old!), but have you thought of writing your image to another hard disk/partition, using the span option set to just under the DVD capacity. This would make a series of files for the image, which you could then copy to DVD.

I know this would take more time, but it might get around your problem.

Peter.

MIKE 15:39 10 Jan 05

Thanks guys for all your help,I will look into the way peter has suggested again thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…