backing up updates

Rhuddlan 19:03 04 May 03

If I need to install windows again, how would I backup my updates for my anitvirus software, as well as updates from microsoft, ie and outlook express etc, thanks for any help given, regards, Rhuddlan.

Lú-tzé 19:40 04 May 03

These updates cannot be backed up unless you downloaded them from the MS site independently of WindowsUpdate.com or the live update style updates from your AntiVirus.

Thus it is best to d/l them separately and then install them from a local hdd.

copy them out of your temporary internet files.

Rhuddlan 23:31 04 May 03

The temporary internet files folder is always emptied when my browser is closed, thanks for the help.

howard60 06:46 05 May 03

in xp the updates are listed in the add/remove progs section in the control panel. I believe it is possible to save these although not sure how at this moment. It could be by right clicking on them?

-pops- 07:00 05 May 03

It's probably best to download afresh in case there is any corruption in the files you have saved or occurs in the transfer process.

When you are up and running again, give some serious consideration to keeping a full system backup so that in case of future disasters, you can easily set your system up again with little hassle.

Brain

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…