Backing Up 'Systems' & 'Software' Etc.

dublincity 12:08 09 May 04

I've had a new PC for 6 months and am on Win XP Pro although I don't have the formatting CD('s). I save my work (when I remember!) onto a CD by first copying it into sub-folders within one master folder.

I don't understand how to back up 'systems',
'software' or 'e.mails' etc. Nor do I know what a 'boot-up disk' is. Can anybody provide links to relevant websites?

In practice, I've been able to overcome most problems by either pressing the re-set button or using 'System Restore'. I have come across several costly online services and (shareware) programs.

Can I easily back-up my OS systems, software and work onto CD's in such a way that they could be re-installed in the future in the event of a crash? I experienced 5 of those in the past on old PC's! Many Thanks, Mike.

rawprawn 12:19 09 May 04

The best and safest way I have found is Acronis True Image 7, it makes it's own partition and stores everything in there, or you can put it on a cd. It also makes it's own boot disc. Each time you boot your computer you are give a chance (press F11) to install your whole system & files afresh. It costs about £35

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…