Backing up system.

HOLLYBEAR 13:10 02 Jan 05

I am quite new to computing , I know about security measures and have firewall , AV , spybot , ad-aware and so on but I hear a lot about backing up your system and would like to know how I do this , what program to use , can I get a free download program to do this for me , but most of all I need an easy to use program.Can anyone point me in the right direction please ?

Technotiger 13:28 02 Jan 05

Hi, this might help - click here

Happy New Year.

rawprawn 13:35 02 Jan 05

I Find Acronis True Image is brilliant, it is not free but it has got me out of trouble several times. It is easy to use and just about foolproof click here

Technotiger 13:38 02 Jan 05

Hi again - Acronis TrueImage is Free - I have it on a PC Mag coverdisk - the Full program.

joe95 14:48 02 Jan 05

I apologise for butting in to this post. I have had my new PC for 12mnths now XPHome 80g HDwith 10g partition and Norton ghost but don't know anything about that.I only back-up my docs file that's all I have ever done since I started with PCs, I keep reading all these posts and I'm now getting a little worried.The links posted are very useful I'm sure but after three or four pages everything goes over my head.Do I just start Ghost and let it get on with it.
Thanks Joe

Technotiger 14:56 02 Jan 05

Hi again, if you would like a copy of the magazine cd just let me know (via Yellow Env).

Hi, you should have started new thread - but since you are here - I am not familiar with Ghost, never used it, but understand it is pretty good, I would just start it and follow any on-screen instructions.

joe95 15:03 02 Jan 05

thanks sory about the hijack.

HOLLYBEAR 12:01 03 Jan 05

Acronis , is it easy to use and understand ? The reason I ask is because someone I know used that Ghost and said it was difficult to understand.

€dstowe 12:08 03 Jan 05

Acronis is dead easy to use. Everything is self explanatory.

It is very important to have a backup of your machine.

Don't think "it will never happen to me". It will - and it may be sooner than you think.

Blitzer 12:32 03 Jan 05

Once you've used Ghost a couple of times it really is very easy to use. However, I've found it works better running it at boot-up from floppy rather than from the windows enviroment. HTH.

HOLLYBEAR 12:35 03 Jan 05

...I have just downloaded the Acronis 15 day trial , I have made the bootable CD-R , it has rebooted my PC to finish installation , what do I do now ? Was the CD-R it asked me to make it ? Is that all I need to do ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…