backing up software with iso files/cd images

Superstylin 20:27 11 Dec 05

hi, i'm trying to back up my software collection but am having a problem with ulead video studio. i created the iso file and burned it to cd but though i can install drivers, read the manual and see a tutorial i can't actually install video studio. it's supposed to begin by asking what language i want to use but it doesn't even get off the ground. is ther a reason? any solutions?

Superstylin 20:56 11 Dec 05

oh and i've tried burning the image with both nero and nti with the same results

Superstylin 14:08 12 Dec 05

i've just realised there's probably copy protection on software cd's and so i can't copy the software. d'oh!

gudgulf 14:20 12 Dec 05

Have you tried simply opening the original cd with Explorer,selecting all the files and dragging them to a new folder on the hard drive.......If there is any particular file that wont copy Windows should halt on it and maybe give an error message.

If they all seem to copy across use Nero to burn the contents of the new folder to cd and try that.

Superstylin 14:35 12 Dec 05

i've managed to copy over the files to hard drive but then what do i copy them to cd as? data?

gudgulf 15:04 12 Dec 05

Yes.... data.

pj123 15:40 12 Dec 05

Why not just use the Nero Copy CD module?

Superstylin 15:50 12 Dec 05

ok gudgulf thanks for your help. i'll have to try to write the cd after i've finished work. i'll let you know how it goes

gudgulf 16:23 12 Dec 05

Using explorer to drag files from cd to hard drive takes the cd burning programs out of the equation and Windows often gives more information in any error messages than Nero does.

Nero will normally only tell you that it is preparing an image on the hard drive...Windows shows the copy progress file by file.

Normally,to copy a disc I would agree with you but since superstylin69 has had problems creating an iso image I think using explorer is best.

Superstylin 13:47 13 Dec 05

i tried to burn the files from the hard drive after dragging them over but the cd afterwards caused windows to question how it should treat since there were lots of different kinds of files on it.

i tried a direct cd copy with nero but the burn process failed. i then tried it with a trial version of alcohol 120% and it's burned perfectly. success.

thanks for your help guys

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…