Backing up saved emails.

mahalo 20:33 06 May 05

I am hoping to format and reinstall XP, however I know I have to back up my files but how do I backup my emails I wish to keep ?
Cheers

anniesboy68 20:35 06 May 05

Have you another partition on your drive i.e. Drive D say?

mahalo 20:43 06 May 05

anniesboy68. I have but it is for HP recovery sysytem which I will be using to reinstall. Cheers

brambles 20:44 06 May 05

You might find this helpful
click here

I found this for you by quickly searching previous postings for 'backing up email'

Brambles

Bapou 20:49 06 May 05

Creat a new folder in My Documents - "Email. From file choose Save As - locate the folder from drop down menu - Save.

Open the folder and you should see each message is contained in it's own envelope icon.

Open your writing software (Nero?) and copy to CD as Data Files.

It works for me.

Kegsy 20:50 06 May 05

I just highlight the e-mails I want to save and drag them into a folder on a CD

mahalo 20:54 06 May 05

Brambles
I do use Outlook express, Yahoo basic does not recognise it.
Thanks for looking

mahalo 21:00 06 May 05

Thanks everyone, I will try your suggestions, there are some I really want to keep.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:35 06 May 05

Back up and recover Outlook Express
click here

Search your old computer for files ending .dbx. These are your emails. There should be Inbox.dbx, Outbox.dbx, Drafts.dbx etc. There must also be Folders.dbx, this is the data telling OE how the emails are compressed. Save all these dbx files, then you can either import them into OE on your new computer, or overwrite the files of the same name in the new computer. Look for a file called (name).wab, this is your address book, and a folder called Favorites. Save these and either import or overwrite to transfer them.

mahalo 14:00 08 May 05

Thanks all, I have saved them into a documents folder, now I wont lose them (after I have backed the up). cheers and Mahalo that's thank you in Hawaiian !.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…