backing up Photos

raggy 2 20:52 22 Apr 07

Hi Guys, I know this is probably a really easy question, but I am looking to put all my photos on a DVD disc as I have about 4500 pictures and also my music as I want all my files backed up as I would like to re install, so can I put photos on a DVD disc??

MAJ 21:21 22 Apr 07

Yes quite easily, raggy 2. How many you get onto a DVD depends on the file size of the pictures.

skidzy 21:26 22 Apr 07

With that many files of music and photo's,i would say get an External drive.Going to be quicker...and can be used again to store those backups,not to mention a system backup if you wish so.

raggy 2 21:26 22 Apr 07

How do i do this, as when i try on nero is says files not compatible.

MAJ 21:28 22 Apr 07

I should have said: Create a "Data DVD" using your installed burning softaware. If you don't have any burning software other than Windows' built-in application, you could use the excellent and free CDBurnerXP, which also allows you to burn DVDs. click here

Totally-braindead 21:29 22 Apr 07

What sort of files are they you are trying to burn? Are you trying to burn them as DATA?

MAJ 21:30 22 Apr 07

Are you trying to burn as a Data DVD, raggy 2?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…