Backing up personal files to cd-rw

boxclever 11:37 09 Jul 04

I would like to back my documents file up to a cd every 7 days. Is it possible to set it to filter out only the files that have been altered since last time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rawprawn 11:55 09 Jul 04

I don't think it is possible to filter out unless you are using a backup program that will do incremental backups. Having said that, although I use Acronis True Image to back up all my files to another hard drive,but I find the easiest way to backup specific files such as my documents is to just copy them to the cd. It will then say this file already exists, do you want to replace it, click yes. It's really no hassel.

SirGalahad2004 12:04 09 Jul 04

not possible on a CD-r . but if you use a CD-Re you could copy last backed up files into hard drive . exchanged them with your new files you want to save .... wipe disc clean them.
unless someone else has a better idea ? .

SirGalahad2004 12:05 09 Jul 04

not possible on a CD-r . but if you use a CD-Re you could copy last backed up files into hard drive . exchanged them with your new files you want to save .... wipe disc clean then write files onto dc-Re. unless someone else has a better idea ? .

Confab 12:14 09 Jul 04

You don't say what O/S you are using but you could click start - Search - For files or Folders and in the date option box enter the day you last did your backup - This will bring up all files that have been modifies since your last backup. If you restrict your search to say "My Docments" folder it will only bring up the files that have been modified in that folder.

You can then copy these to your CD

boxclever 12:20 09 Jul 04

I'm using XP home and I'm copying to rewrite cd. Thanks for the speedy replies. I'll try Confab's now and let you know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…