BACKING UP OUTLOOK EXPRESS FOLDERS

SANTS 21:42 06 Nov 07

Hi, I have a problem on my outlook express, I need to remove it and re install it again. I want to save the folders so I don't lose the information I have in them. The problem is I can't run my outlook express because of a corrupted file .Can I back them up without running outlook express. I am not a computer addict so any help much appreciated, Regards Sants.

Taff™ 21:51 06 Nov 07

Search your Hard Disk Drive (HDD) for files called *.dbx and copy them to a folder called " OE Backup" - we can restore them from there later.

SANTS 12:23 07 Nov 07

Thanks Taff, I have copied the files as you suggested, If I delete outlook express then download one of the free downloads ,how do I get those files back into the new outlook express.
Regards Sants.

SANTS 20:33 07 Nov 07

Thanks Taff, I have copied the files as you suggested, If I delete outlook express then download one of the free downloads ,how do I get those files back into the new outlook express.
Regards Sants.

Taff™ 07:35 08 Nov 07

click here for a full explanation. If you`re going to "delete" OE you need to back up your address book as described in the article.

Assuming you have XP - go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and select the Windows Tab then untick OE, click OK and finish. Reboot the computer. To reinstall do the reverse procedure including a reboot. Then import your files and address book as described in the article.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…