BACKING UP OUTLOOK EXPRESS??

LIVING_ON_BORROWED_TIME 12:00 21 Feb 04

Hi

Can anyone help me?

I'd like to back up all my emails from Outlook onto disc using Nero.

How do I do it? Step by step.

Thanks in advance.

Gongoozler 12:17 21 Feb 04

I suggest that the easiest way is to search Windows Explorer for files *.dbx. When you find them, copy them all to the cd using Nero. Another hint that you might find useful is that if you have a second hard drive or partition, then in Outlook Express, click Tools - Options - Maintenance - Store Folder. Then make your store folder somewhere on the second drive or partition. It will then be easy to back up. Also if you download DBXtract click here and put it into a folder, it could be the same one as your new store folder, you will be able to view your e-mails without reloading them into Outlook Express. A note of caution - I don't think attachments will be backed up with the e-mails.

Gongoozler 12:29 21 Feb 04

Sorry, I've just reread your posting and see that its Outlook e-mails you want to back up. I can't find any free utilities for that, only loads of paid-for ones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…