backing up network connections

>steve< 17:14 14 May 06

i have nci backup gold software installed on my laptop and i want to backup my network settings so when my wireless network goes pear shaped i want to be able to restore these settings but in the backup software i select the my network folder and click backup it says you don't need to back up this folder i have not got it scheduled to back anything up so why wont it let me do a backup?

ade.h 15:18 15 May 06

Unless NCI Backup Gold can image or clone a system partition (like Acronis does) then it won't be possible.

In a way, it's right to tell you that you don't need to back up that folder; there are only a few settings involved in a network connection and workgroup, so you should just make a written record of them - WPA key, SSID, workgroup name, and so on - and then it's only five minutes' work to recreate the connection and the workgroup membership if you ever need to do so.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…