Backing up with Nero

taffyal 13:59 23 Mar 06

Im trying to backup to dvd with Nero.In the drop down for target, it only gives my HD & my cd writer- how can I add my dvd writer to this?? When I go via HD, My Computer, then tell it D, my writer, it says "please enter valid target path to continue". As D:\ is my dvd writer, what more does it want me to tell it? Either me or Nero is being stupid- got an idea that, as usual its me!!!

Graham ® 14:12 23 Mar 06

You must choose DVD from the start.

Lokit 14:13 23 Mar 06

Try this :

Open "Nero Burning Rom" and on the "New Compilation" window go to the "Burn" tab and check "Use Multiple Recorders".

Both of your drives should now show in the "Choose Recorder" dropdown.

Graham ® 14:15 23 Mar 06

Just had a look - in the New Compilation window, choose DVD on the top left, then the type below.

pj123 15:34 23 Mar 06

What version of Nero are you using?

taffyal 14:48 24 Mar 06

Sorry not been on- was doing a remove/install, hence needed to back up, but went ahead & had to reinstall everything! Using Nero 6,it lets me copy & make discs ok, but only the backup wizard doesnt seem to understand that I have a DVD writer!I can choose drives ok on burn etc, but when I ask it to backup it expects me to write to a cd! Need to know how to sort it for next time, its taken me ages to install everything.Thanks for advice.

ACOLYTE 15:17 24 Mar 06

maybe this page will help click here

It is a PDF file download that tells you how to make every kind of cd/dvd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…