Backing up my system

Steve A 19:16 26 Nov 08

Hi,
I'm looking to find a back up solution for my parents pc. My dad runs his own business so backing up of some of his documents is very important.

He does do this, however I would like to implement some sort of automatic backup to an external hard drive, something similar to the Time Machine facility on a Mac where you can choose individual files to restore, or restore your whole system to a previous state.

I've done some searching on the net and know that their isn't a direct equivalent, but there are so many different products out their claiming to do all manner of wonderful things I don't know which would best suit my needs.

Could any of you on here advise me of a simple to use system that would allow the automatic backup of any changing documents and allow restoration of both files or the entire system from it.

Thanks very much.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:21 26 Nov 08

Acronis True Image is probably the best for taking an Image to allow restoration of the entire system.

Steve A 21:25 26 Nov 08

Thanks, would this allow individual file recovery too?

Stuartli 22:26 26 Nov 08

Karen's Replicator (freeware) from the respected Karen Kenworthy will probably do all you require:

click here

DieSse 23:09 26 Nov 08

Acronis TI will do a complete Image of the entire drive - incremental images of changed files, and allows you to mount and recover individual files from the images. It's very flexible and dependable.

For a morew conventional backup solution, Comodo backup (free) is well worth a look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…