Backing up my hdd.c to hdd.d

biddey 16:43 27 Apr 04

Am running with windows 98 se and am unable to load the backup program from the disk.
Error message reads file 'msbackup.chm' on windows cannot be found, this I find some what strange as I was able to load it onto my other system with no trouble.
My main system has a 40g hdd c and a 12g as d there is plenty of space on C as it is empty. Many thanks Biddey

woodchip 16:50 27 Apr 04

The Win98 Backup program is limited in that it cannot split a Backup and does not backup to CD's You would be Better with Acronis True Image as it will allow you to restore single files if windows is running from Explorer. But I use Drive Image to do backup after the system as been reinstalled and Software loaded and operating OK. Then if your comp goes wobbly you can restore the complete OS and software in about 5 to 10 mins Depending on the amount of software you loaded. I then use a separate program to do a Incremental Backup of working Files like E.Mail etc

woodchip 16:53 27 Apr 04

For Win Backup try running SFC from the start\run type SFC press ok and run with the Win98 Disc in comp it will look for Corrupt files

Gongoozler 16:54 27 Apr 04

In my system msbackup.chm is in C:\Windows\Help

What I do find annoying when loading Windows software is that the installer often looks in the wrong place on the installation disk. The right folder is D:\win98 (where D: is whatever drive the cd is in)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…