Backing up my computer...

The Dazza 20:16 22 Aug 05

..in case of crash, I would like to backup my programs to rw disk. Is it just a case of backing up 'program files' in explorer or is there more to it?

Also, how would I get the programs to work when restoring? Is there a simple solution?

Thanks

DieSse 22:22 22 Aug 05

"or is there more to it?"

There is more to it.

You should be looking at backing up everything on your computer - OS / Programs / Data / Settings / Address Books / etc.

One of the easiest ways to do this is with Acronis True Image. This will make a compressed backup of your whole computer onto whatever media you wish. And it will also make updates to the backup whenever you wish.

aaa.acronis.com for details and a free trial download. You can purchase on-line for less than £20.

DieSse 22:22 22 Aug 05

"or is there more to it?"

There is more to it.

You should be looking at backing up everything on your computer - OS / Programs / Data / Settings / Address Books / etc.

One of the easiest ways to do this is with Acronis True Image. This will make a compressed backup of your whole computer onto whatever media you wish. And it will also make updates to the backup whenever you wish.

click here for details and a free trial download. You can purchase on-line for less than £20.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos