backing up MS outlook emails and changing MS outlook default addy to my googlemail one.

Damarc 09:53 AM 15 Jun 12

I have always had problems doing this when I change ISPs and have been using their email suffix and also when I change computers. Can someone take me through an easy way of backing up so that I could import them to another account when I change over. So far what I have done is gone to AppData.MS.Outlook and have got a file called Office Data File, on the basis that it might contain my old emails and have saved that on a memory stick. Would I be able to retrieve emails in future by this method or doesn't this file contain what I want?

When I changed from Virgin to Sky a few years ago I opened a googlemail account which I have used. The only problem was that Sky gave me an email account and this was linked to MS Outlook rather than my googlemail one. So I often send emails and get them by return by the default Sky email. I know I can put the googlemail address in on the 'from' bar but I forget. How can I change the Sky default to the googlemail one in Outlook? thank you

onthelimit1 10:21 AM 15 Jun 12

File, Import export, Export to a file,export to .pst - save to external device.

For gmail on Outlook see here

rawprawn 11:22 AM 15 Jun 12

Here is a neat little auto backup addin for Outlook

rawprawn 11:22 AM 15 Jun 12

Here is a neat little auto backup addin for Outlook

onthelimit1 11:27 AM 15 Jun 12

I like that one Rawprawn - I wonder if it works on later versions as well?

rawprawn 12:52 PM 15 Jun 12

Onthelimit1, as far as Iknow it works on all versions after 2002. You can give it arty, it won'load if it's not compatible.

rawprawn 15:11 PM 15 Jun 12

onthelimit1 Compatible with the latest Windows and Microsoft Outlook versions. Safe PST backup is compatible with Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 32 and 64 bit. Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2010 64-bit and 32 bit, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003 and 2002.

Damarc 17:21 PM 15 Jun 12

Thanks for this. Can someone now tell me how to change my default Outlook email addy to my googlemail one from my Sky1 please. Thanks.

Damarc 17:25 PM 15 Jun 12

I forgot to say that at the beginning of Sky subscription I brought my googlemail email into Sky's one so I do receive both Sky and Googlemail emails in Outlook but the default is Sky's address. I would like to change them over so sky filters into googlemail which is then the default address in outlook. I think the link that you gave me is for gmapping from scratch and to Outlook 2010 and I have 2003, if that makes a difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…