Backing up from an Ipaq 3950

anchor 16:39 28 Jul 04

I accidentally once allowed the battery to run down on my Ipaq 3950 and lost all my GPS navigator programme.

As a safeguard I wish to backup everything on it to a SD card. I see that there is a backup programme installed, but as yet I have not used it.

Has anyone done this, and then done a restore?. Any tips would be appreciated, and are there any problems that I should be aware of?.

anchor 09:06 29 Jul 04

Has anyone any information to assist me with this?.

anchor 08:52 30 Jul 04

It appears that nobody has experience of backing up an Ipaq. Strange!.

I will leave this thread open over the weekend before closing it as unsolvable.

The Dark Sage 09:39 30 Jul 04

but it was a while ago. The process was fairly simple, but I can't look into it in detail for you at the min as I have a faulty processor!!!

The backup software is in ActiveSync, I would recommend getting the most upto date version before you start

anchor 09:45 31 Jul 04

Thank you for your reply The Dark Sage. If you manage to get any further information, I would be grateful.

Anyone else have any experience of backing up/restoring an Ipaq?.

anchor 12:43 01 Aug 04

I will let this run until tomorrow, and then reluctantly, have to tick it if no further info: is posted.

buscrew 12:53 01 Aug 04

I have backed up my ipaq 4150 to an SD card using the programme supplied (ipaq backup) with, and also restored using the same programme. All went very well with no problems experienced.

anchor 12:55 01 Aug 04

Thank you buscrew; just what I wanted to know.

anchor 13:57 03 Aug 04

Just done the backup onto a SD card; no problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…