Backing-Up.... How ? Best ways ?

russmini 18:58 22 May 05

Not been able to do this before i got this machine, so how do i back up and what exactly do i back up ?

Obviously i know why, and now i can i would like to, but not sure of the ways to do so

Thankyou..

Night Ryder 18:59 22 May 05

What OP system are you using?

mattyc_92 19:01 22 May 05

Just copy and paste your "personal files" (My Documents) onto another drive (or burn to a disk) to back them up...

I use "Acronis True Image 8.0" (click here) to backup my WHOLE system.... I do this once a week onto another partition I have setup, and once a month onto some DVD-RWs....

russmini 22:32 22 May 05

using xp

what would be the usual things to back up and i was going to back up to CD-R.

Completealias 22:40 22 May 05

All your personal documents, your IE favourites and any emails that you may wish to keep if you use Outlook express, also your windows address book if you use that.

If you do use outlook express then this program here will back up all your emails and address book to a folder which you can then burn to disk. You can then use the same program to do a restore of this information click here the download is at the bottom of the page.

Completealias 22:43 22 May 05

I forgot to mention that to backup your favioute folder in IE goto file then import and export then follow the wizards instructions you can use the same function to get them back into IE

Brumas 23:07 22 May 05

This is the first time I have been able to contribute anything constructive to the forum.
Back-up all what has been suggested in these postings by using Karen's Replicator click here (I think it is seventeenth one down the list)it is very

Brumasuser-friendly .

It can be set to do it all automatically as often as you wish. I then copy the back-up folder to my CD.RW , something I would not have felt familary doing or even dreamt of before I started using this forum.

Brumas 23:09 22 May 05

I should have said "very user friendly"

sattman 08:06 23 May 05

For me thier is only one way to backup for total security ease and confidence and that is to either another drive or device seperate from your computer main drive. use an image software such as drive image.

mole44 08:12 23 May 05

just bought ghost 9.0 did a complete reinstall of the system and them backed up as i went ,ghost was easy to use and worked like a dream

Diodorus Siculus 08:12 23 May 05

click here for an excellent guide.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…