Backing Up Home Recorded DVDs With Menus

tburchell 10:13 AM 03 Feb 12

I wonder if anyone can help me with this....

I have a large amount of self recorded DVDs, recorded with a SONY DVD recorder. All of these discs have been finalised and have a front end menu to navigate around the various recordings on each disc. If I put these discs into any DVD player the menu comes up OK. I am now trying to back these discs up onto an external media drive, but I cant get the front end menu to copy over, so Im unable to navigate the recordings? Any help would be much appreciated. In short I want to see on the back up exactly the same as if the disc was in the DVD player. Kind Regards, Tim.

robin_x 12:31 PM 03 Feb 12

Imgburn will make an iso file of the whole DVD for backup purposes.

If you want to play the movies on the computer, with menus, from the external drive, I think you can Open With the .ifo file with your Player app. Been a while since I done it.

May not work on all player apps.

eedcam 15:22 PM 03 Feb 12

As said Imgburn will make an exact image of the disc as an Iso file then using something like VLC player also free it wil act just like a dvd ready to burn back to dvd if

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone