backing up hard drive

campal 22:50 06 Jun 06

I am having serious problems with my pc , i think i have deleted some essential files. i have tried system restore but it says the administrator has disabled it. I think this could be one of the files i accidentally deleted. I am going to have to reinstall windows , how do i back up my hard drive to dvd, i have tried win xp back up but it doed not work please explain how i can backup to dvd

Hertz Van Rentyl 23:10 06 Jun 06

Do you mean that you want to save all of your personal stuff Music,Pics,Files etc, so that you can reload them after your reinstall. If so how much do you have and what DVD burning software do you have.

Hertz Van Rentyl 23:12 06 Jun 06

Have you tried a repair or run sfc /scannow this could save you a reinstall.

RobCharles1981 23:15 06 Jun 06

To save all the bother of re-installing Windows here campal why don't you just carry out a repair installation?

Hertz Van Rentyl 23:24 06 Jun 06

HHow to repair
click here

terryf 23:52 06 Jun 06

It will be easier ( and maybe cheaper in the long run) to buy an external usb HD, you can copy any data you want over to this and later, when you have fixed your problems, get a copy of acronis and backup an image of your c drive to the usb drive, a re-instal then becomes a 15 minute job instead of an afternoon re-installing windows and all your programs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos