Backing up to external HD

al7478 00:43 26 Feb 07

Has anyone used nero backitup for this? im going to get an external HD soon an already have nero 6, but any comments would be gratefully recieved.

skidzy 00:52 26 Feb 07

Cannot vouch for Nero backup,but i would suggest Acronis click here
and backup your image to the external drive.

al7478 01:05 26 Feb 07

Thanks Skidzy, that would be a clear second choice but i thought id sound out nero first as i already have it.

compumac 07:41 26 Feb 07

I have used Nero 6 for months backing up to an external HD.

Batch 08:28 26 Feb 07

You'll be able to use Nero to back-up selected files / folders, but if you want to back up a complete system drive (e.g. C: ) and be able to restore it you'll need something like Acronis True Image.

al7478 10:51 26 Feb 07

Thats what i was hoping to do actually Batch, so it seems its acronis for me then. can acronis also back up files/folders individually?

al7478 12:24 26 Feb 07

Batch, could a full drive backup also be achieved with Norton Ghost, or the new Norton thats coming out with a backup facility included?

Enoch 12:31 26 Feb 07

If it helps you, I back up both ways. "Ghost" to one external mobile and the following week to a second external mobile with "Acronis True Image". If you only want to use one, I cannot vote negative for either. I do it to each, this way I am relatively comfortable that it is highly unlikely that both could get corrupted

al7478 13:37 26 Feb 07

Great, thanks Enoch. and could i back up files separately aswell as backing up my whole system?

And do i have to have a aprtition in order to back it all up, or does that just make it quicker if you back up the o.s. and then files etc from separate drives?

Batch 18:05 26 Feb 07

WRT partitioning - see the arguments in click here

Of course I'm in favour of the views I've expressed therein.

I've not looked at Norton Ghost, but AFAIK it is the equivalent of Acronis True Image. I use the latter (as do many others that post on this forum) and have nothing but praise for it.

The latest version of True Image is very flexible and has various back up options, see: click here

Batch 18:07 26 Feb 07

BTW, you can download the True Image manuals here click here if you wnat to fully understand its capabilities first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…