Backing up emails and address book in OE6

PvG 08:44 22 Jul 04

I can't find out where my emails or address book are in XP to back them up. In OE6, the file export only gives me address book in a CSV format. Trying to back up emails from the OE6 file menu says "error occured initialising MAPI"
Hope someone can help.

Diodorus Siculus 08:52 22 Jul 04

do a search for *.wab and this will find the windows address book.

Sapins 09:04 22 Jul 04

Hi PgV, to back up Address Book go to,

C:/Documents and Settings/your account/Application Data/Microsoft/Address Book. Left click on folder, use menu on left of screen to move, copy etc: When in Application folder you can save Favourites. Cannot find route to Messages, maybe someone will let you know.

Regards,

Sapins.

March Hare 09:37 22 Jul 04

This will find your Outlook Express messages.

C:/Documents and Settings/your account/Local settings/Application data/Identities/Microsoft/Outlook Express

Copy folders (.dbx) to where you want to back up.

Note that to access and read the messages in the folders you will need a utility such as DBX Viewer.

temp003 09:44 22 Jul 04

If you choose to back up the address book as above, you need to search within hidden files and folders as well, or in Explorer, you need to enable Show Hidden files and folders.

Alternatively, in OE, just click the Address Book button which opens the Windows Address Book. Click File, Export, select Address Book (WAB), and you'll be prompted where to save it.

The location of your email store folder is by default at C:\Documents and Settings\[your account name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\ {string of letters and numbers} \Microsoft\Outlook Express.

In My Computer, click Tools, Folder Options, View tab. Tick the box for Show hidden files and folders. Click OK.

Then navigate to the Outlook Express folder. Make a copy of it (and rename the copy to, say Email Backup).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…