BACKING UP EMAIL?

littlestan 08:20 17 May 09

Good morning everyone - quick question?

Is it possible to back up my email (lots in seperate folders to keep safe and separate)in hotmail onto my external hard drive?? If so, of course, HOW?

Many thanks in anticipation.x

crosstrainer 08:27 17 May 09

As long as the mail is in downloaded to your inbox, then you can use the "export" option to save them all as a .pst file

Alternatively, select the contents of each folder and copy them to a safe location (an external hdd is good for this)

littlestan 08:35 17 May 09

thanks cross trainer but how do i copy the folders? where is the 'export' option and then shat do i do etc. Sorry probably should have posted this in beginners as very green i'm afraid.

many thanks LS

crosstrainer 08:44 17 May 09

From the menubar "Tools"

"Acounts"

Higlight the account you wish to save and choose "Export"

Choose the destination drive (ie: c d etc.)

littlestan 08:53 17 May 09

crosstrainer

been to tools on the right hand side and although it gives me various options, i havent got one called accounts. on the other side i have amongst my saved folders option 'manage' folders which brings them all up with option to delete etc and have tried right clicking to see if that gives me an option but nothing really for what i need. mmm bit stuck!

crosstrainer 08:56 17 May 09

Which email client are you using? Outlook Express Outlook Windows Mail?

And which Operating System? :))

littlestan 09:03 17 May 09

ummm windows mail i think - dont think its outlook express. its got in the title bar at the top windows internet explorer. i just go
to msn hotmail, log into their hotmail live etc and use vista and ie7. hope that helps! thank u

crosstrainer 09:04 17 May 09

Are you using Vista? XP?

littlestan 09:08 17 May 09

vista home premium - basic lappy

crosstrainer 09:18 17 May 09

Ok. Go to the start menu.

Programmes

Windows Mail

Then Tools

Accounts

Highlight one at a time (you have a hotmail account, as well as one from your ISP)

Choose export

Then a safe palce to store them.

muddypaws 09:21 17 May 09

I use this--very handy and easy and provides saving to CD. Free.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…