Backing up documents/pictures etc. How do you.....

mooly 08:00 20 Aug 09

I back up all my documents etc to flash media, no problem with that, but when I copy files back (having just done a clean Vista install) the "folder properties" such as custom pictures that I selected to show on each folder view are missing. These are not icons selected from windows own list but ones I added from my own collection of picture etc.
If I backed up these folders using Vista's own backup utility would it save all this info. It's just a lot of work putting everything back.

Technotiger 08:49 20 Aug 09

I don't use Vista, so this is only a guess - but looking at it logically, my guess is that Yes, Vista's backup facility will save the extra info.

One way to find out - just Try it!

Grey Goo 10:09 20 Aug 09

Did you put the pictures that you used back as well,they must have been in another folder somewhere else.

mooly 13:13 20 Aug 09

Erm... No I didn't have the picture folder put back at the time.
So you mean it "looks" in there for the appropriate file (pic) to use every time you open say documents, rather than in some way attaching the file permanently to the folders properties.

Technotiger... just try it !! I guess so sometime. I just don't like Vista's backup utility.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced