Backing up data files to a CD?

TonyV 19:51 17 Feb 08

This new machine has no Floppy Drive which I used to use for backing up my Quicken files. It worked fine. But, when trying to backup the same files on to a CD, it couldn't do it. Presumably it couldn't fire up the writing programme.

There must be some means of automatically using the CD/DVD writer to back up files, but how? I have NERO 7 on the machine but can't see how to make it come to life when I want to do a back up.

One option is to take the floppy drive out the old machine and install it in the new machine, but I am loathe to that at the moment and am really looking for a simple way of utilising the CD Writer.

Thanks

TonyV

Stuartli 19:55 17 Feb 08

You can buy external floppy drives, such as:

click here

MAJ 19:58 17 Feb 08

Start Nero from the programs list, the same way you would start any program, and choose to create a data CD.

gobuddygo 19:59 17 Feb 08
  TonyV 20:07 17 Feb 08

That's one option, though I could still install the old one to the new machine if the Devil is still driving!

MAJ
Again, that would work fine, but I was really trying to complete it from with-in Quicken.

gobuddygo
Will have a look at that article and see if it can be done. It suggests that it can't be done through the Windows writer, but there seems to be some routes that may be of use.

Thanks

TonyV

TonyV 23:36 17 Feb 08

I followed your link and used the Method 3 system and the CD Staging folder. This worked fine.

Thanks

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos