Backing-up data to external drive

the hick 16:55 16 Feb 08

Bought an extenal drive from Staples, copied all data and photos to it. How can I back-up at intervals, with only the new data going to the ext. drive, rather than copying it all again? Is there an obvious solution and I'm not seeing it? thankyou for any advice.

FreeCell 17:09 16 Feb 08

Use something like AllSync click here or SyncBack freeware click here

There are options for when you want the syuncronised back up to run.

GroupFC 20:21 16 Feb 08

I use this - it works very well and only copies over new and changed files and is quite fast click here

Technotiger 20:34 16 Feb 08

IMHO by far the best back-up is Acronis True Image which backs up Everything on your hard drive, not just photos and data, but your OS and all your personal settings for every program too.

Technotiger 20:35 16 Feb 08

Forgot to mention, you can schedule automatic backups with all your own preferences too.

Chas49 20:56 16 Feb 08

To back up your data only then AllSync works a treat and is quick, this encourages you to make your data backups more frequently.

Like Technotiger says Acronis is good for making an image of your drives - then, should you have your computer fail to work properly you can restore that image. This has worked great for me in the past, that us until the external drive developed a fault which destroyed part of the image, and wouldn't you know it, I didn't realise that until I needed it! Big psnics all round! Moral? Run validation checks more frequently. Better still, if possible, make more than one complete image.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…