Backing up Bios

ened 11:53 27 Dec 04

I hope you had a good Xmas.
I think I need to change the battery on my mobo.
My BIOS has had many changes, some which I can't even remember.
I have XPpro. Is it possible to back up the BIOS settings to my Hard Drive so that I can quickly restore the settings after replacement?

scooby43 11:56 27 Dec 04
  ened 13:05 27 Dec 04

But I was hoping to find a way of saving the settings so they can be instantly reset without going through every page and doing it manually.
Does anybody know if this can be done?

daidragon 21:07 27 Dec 04

I had this error message
BIOS ROM checksum error
Detecting floppy drive A media
Insert system disk and press enter

I insrted the disk and had
automatic load AWDFLASH.EXE
!! Errorr - AWDFLASH.EXE not found
replace the disk and press enter

nothing worked so I replaced the battery
now when I switch on nothing boots at all just a blank screen....

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:27 27 Dec 04

Please post as a new item
you will not recieve notification of replies posting in someone elses thread

woodchip 22:39 27 Dec 04
  ACOLYTE 22:51 27 Dec 04

You should'nt have had this error with just replacing the battery,if you tried to flash your bios maybe, if you didnt have the correct bios and flash utility version available,if it wiped the bios and didnt put a new one back its a hard way back,might even be a new mobo,or at least a bios chip.

As for changing the battery it should be fairly straight foward and setting the bios to defaults should get you back to settings that u had.

woodchip 22:52 27 Dec 04

PS if you can make a Floppy disc with your AV this should also coppy the CMOS settings, so they can be restored if corrupt or there is a virus in the BIOS. you should then just have to start with the floppy disc

ened 10:19 28 Dec 04

Assuming the worst happens and you have your CMOS settings on a floppy, how do you get it to read from the floppy - or does it automatically seek it out?

scooby43 10:26 28 Dec 04

just have your bios to boot from floppy

woodchip 21:40 28 Dec 04

as above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…