Backing up........

nick_j007 23:08 02 Feb 03

Hello all.
Is there a Back up wizard type facility in WXP home? If so, I can't find it.

Also I see there is a whole list of downloads/utilities on this site....but which should I choose?? Any body out there with experience on any of these.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Nick Jones

VoG™ 23:12 02 Feb 03
  nick_j007 23:37 02 Feb 03

Chaaas VoG!

Is this my best bet then for all my backing up worries?

User-312386 23:40 02 Feb 03

what are you looking to back up?

XP has a system restore facility as well remember

VoG™ 23:42 02 Feb 03

Should be adequate for most users. It will not backup to CD. If you need to do this then you need to backup to hard drive, then copy the backup to CD.

nick_j007 11:11 03 Feb 03

Well, recently I was getting a little paranoid that I might loose all my digital pic's that I have taken using up about 1.4 gigs.
I did find a programme that was recommended called MusicMatch (an audio player) on the basis that it will span a folder when copying over a few CD ROM's, so I used this one and it worked fine.
I'm reasonably familiar with the restore facility as I used it only at the end of last week, as my PC was very's going sweet again now thankfully.
But, I would still like to find a bare-bones back up facility that will span discs and know where I left off since my last copying over of files. Will the WXP facility do this ok? Apart from my pictures, perhaps other files such as My Documents could be addressed too. I should point out that I do want to copy it all onto CD-Roms.

Thankyou for your thought and efforts so far, Nick Jones.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…