Backing up

Hetti 11:53 10 Apr 06

I have to burn some phtos onto disc, but when I try I get the message the disc is not CD-R use suitable disc, the disc Im tring to use is Photo printable DVD+R, is this not the correct Disc?

howard63 12:00 10 Apr 06

it really depends on what drive and software you are using. I had one friend who had a combi dvd/cdrw drive and thought it was a dvd writer.

Hetti 13:30 10 Apr 06

Ty Howard63
I have a dvd writer and a cdrw I have tried using both.

stlucia 13:43 10 Apr 06

Some burners used to only do -R or +R discs, but not both. Alternatively, some burners are fussy about what brand of disc you use. What make/model is your drive?

€dstowe 13:48 10 Apr 06

Are you sure you want to use a DVD for this?

A DVD will hold many, many thousands of pictures and it really is a waste of its capacity if you only have, say, a thousand or so.

In addition DVDs are quite delicate and will not stand up to nearly as much rough handling as a CD will.

I am not sure what a "Photo printable DVD+R" is but I've an idea it might mean that the top surface can be printed on in colour rather than being a property of the writable side of the disk.

What program are you using to burn these photos to disk?

Hetti 19:47 10 Apr 06

Thanks alI have now managed to back up my photos, I used Nero6, and I used CD-R disc, i did not know that DVD held that amount of pics, but I will know for the next time.
Thanks for advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…