Background running!

parten 13:57 07 Apr 07

Please help!
There are programs running in the background. I have gone to Task Manager and tried to turn them off but they just keep on coming back. All my Zone Alarm and Anti Virus program have gone, and now I cannot reload ZA because True Vector has a foot hold somewhere. Have tried to delete ZA in every way but loose. It won't let me. I have had some help from Mocha and Wee didly thank you for that. Any advise please. Short of reformatting.
Thank you in advance.

johndrew 14:11 07 Apr 07

You could try starting in `Safe Mode` and stopping the programs from running from there (they may not be running as Safe Mode is quite limited in what it runs) or try a startup manager like Autoruns click here which gives you the option of selecting what you allow at startup.

parten 14:15 07 Apr 07

Thank you johndrew...I will try your suggestion

birdface 20:52 07 Apr 07

You could try ,Start, Run,Type in msconfig,Go to start up programs,And untick any of the programs that you want to stop running,Apply, ok,You then have to restart the computer,When it starts a box will appear just tick the little box and press Ok,

Jackcoms 20:55 07 Apr 07

As per buteman, this will help you decide which programs/processes you can and cannot disable click here

Technotiger 20:57 07 Apr 07

Hi, be carefull if you mean Processes and are not sure what you are doing - many of the processes that run in the background are essential to the proper operation of your system. I have approx 60 processes running.

woodchip 20:59 07 Apr 07

Turn the Programs of first in Services. You may then be able to Delete them in Regedit

parten 21:32 07 Apr 07

Thank you all for your input. I have done a few sugestions. I took a note of "backgroung running" programs and ran "Autorun" which was suggested and hey presto...have restarted my computer time again and all is well, although I have not reinstalled ZA yet which, I am going to do now.

Thank you all for your help...I could be back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…