backdoor.haxdoor removal

Chezdez 16:25 17 Feb 05

hey guys,

my mates just come online telling me shes infected with backdoor.haxdoor trojan (she's running Norton 2005 version 2, what a suprise, eh?)

after scanning around a few of pages, i've found a couple of removal instructions, but i was just wondering if anyone had ever had to remove this virus before, and which set of instructions did you use?

seen as it's not my computer, i'd rather not mess it up anymore than it's likely to be now!

thanks in advance

Jason

VoG II 16:27 17 Feb 05

click here should remove it.

SANTOS7 16:34 17 Feb 05
  Chezdez 16:34 17 Feb 05

are there any other ideas?

i'm going over tomorrow, and would like to be armed with a load of knowledge, as i will be very reluctant to type much into the system (such as my username and password for here)

i'll be taking her a-squared, adaware, spybot etc. etc. over anyway, as i'm pretty sure she won't have those installed :S

Chezdez 16:35 17 Feb 05

also, if i save this webpage to a disk, and load it up on her computer, will all the links given above still work OK?

VoG II 16:48 17 Feb 05

I've just tried saving to a floppy and, yes, the links seem to be working. However, I would right click each one, Copy Shortcut then paste into a Word or Notepad document.

curlylad 17:54 17 Feb 05

Look here 'Haxdoor-h' click here

and also here 'haxdoor-h trouble click here

These previous threads should help !

Chezdez 09:55 19 Feb 05

sorry, yes, i neglected to use the search button, mainly becuase i was in college at the time of making the original thread, sorry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…