Backdoor virus/ Trojan virus please help!!!

Bibeaugk 07:00 04 Jan 10

The other day I got on my computer and there was this new icon in the bottom right section of my desktop bar that said it was an anti virus protector. Soon after I saw this foreign software I could not open Internet explorer or any other programs on my computer including my antivirus software.

So then I re-started my computer in safe mode and ran my Anti-virus software which is symantec endpoint protection and it picked up a "backdoor.inv" file that was infected but could not be removed. I also cannot open Internet explorer in safe mode so I can't download any other software. What do I do? My computer is basically useless now. Please help. Thank you!!!

Sparkly 07:18 04 Jan 10

Hi download this from another PC and save to a USB memory stick and then run it on your PC and see if it finds it.

click here

Sparkly 07:19 04 Jan 10

Meant to add download the free version.

Andsome 08:10 04 Jan 10

Which AV program do you use? I NEVER EVER get problems with Nod 32 security suite, it's worth every penny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…