Backdoor Graybird Virus

lochy 20:09 16 Sep 07

I have the new Windows Vista and now have BT Broadband as well and I noticed when I did a full scan using Norton Internet Security I noticed that I have picked up the above Virus which is stated as High Risk.Can somebody advise me what to do to get rid of it please?.I dont know how I picked it up as I had my firewall on but it may have come from MSN Messenger.

VoG II 20:16 16 Sep 07
  lochy 22:02 08 Oct 07

I thought that I got shot of the above but when I did a full Norton scan it has returned.

According to the virus it says High Risk but when I go in to information it states as Low Risk(confusing).Will Norton get rid of it for me?

Jak_1 22:05 08 Oct 07

it's in the system restore files. Turn off system restore in the control panel and then do another scan with Norton, even better is to doit in safe mode. Once you have cleared it then turn system restore back on, you will however lose any restore points.

lochy 13:19 08 Nov 07

Many thanks to all for your help.

Problem now resolved.

Lochy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…