Back to Zero HD??

gerry66 00:07 16 Nov 06

I posted a thread earlier about wiping a HD. But plans have changed. I need to wipe a partition to its premium state for receiving a new OS. The question is, if i use a wiping tool like paragon disk wipe or something similar and say i use the "Gutman" method, does this leave the Partition in the best state for the new OS or does it just wipe and scramble. The reason i ask is because i was told that the best state is fully formatted or all zero's. can this be achieved with just a partition and not the whole drive?
thanx again all.

Strawballs 00:31 16 Nov 06

If using XP then yes and it is easy you just set the PC to boot first from CD in the bios and reboot with the XP disc in the drive and follow instructions it will detect all the partions and ask you which one you want windows on and you choose the one with it already on and it will then tell you that there is already an O/S on it and it would not be wise to install over and will recomend that you format the drive first just choose NTFS full format and sit back and what it.

gerry66 22:54 16 Nov 06

thanx strawballs, great info and thanx for your time.
Got to say that I'm a bit uncomfortqable talking to someone called "Strawballs"...did you ever have a "Part(s)" in the "Wizard Of Oz"??

lol, take care m8

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…