Back up WAB?????

wicked willy 14:30 09 Jun 03

Please is there anyone out there that can tell me how to copy wab to disc or Floppy as I had a crisis after picking up a virus , and having to do a complete Reinstall of the system and losing all my contacts.I am running XP home edition.Thanking you in Advance Bill

anchor 14:35 09 Jun 03

Do a search for the files wab.exe , and copy this to floppy disc.

navigate to the file , right click and sendto 3.5 inch floppy A.
if you cannot find it search for files *.wab.

Lú-tzé 15:11 09 Jun 03

Open wab - the windows address book and choose to export it - it will thus export all the data and can later be imported by the reverse method. If you copy it to a CD you will need to copy the file to the hdd afterwards before importing back into the address book.

I seem to remember someone on these pages once saying that simply copying the WAB file itself does not work, as it does not copy the data properly so I always suggest going for the export option.

wicked willy 15:21 09 Jun 03

Thanks for the advice everybody I have now been able to save it to disc thanks again Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…