Back ups

surfer47 12:25 14 Sep 10

I am using Serif Photoplus X4 – Windows Vista – Serif AlbumPlus X4 – Freeagent (j) - 232 Gb.
I save backups from Vista and Serif Album Plus X4 on to the J drive
I have Vista arranged to automatically run a Backup to Freeagent (j) and AlbumPlus I backup manually
The last Backup failed due to lack of space. It has been OK for about 2 years. I deleted all the AlbumPlus X4 files and backed them up again but the same message has appeared.Would it be OK to delete all the files on J and start again with the Backups. If not what options have I got?
Regards

rawprawn 15:10 14 Sep 10

If you have nothing else that you need (or can backup) on your "J" External drive I would format it and then start backing up again.

robin_x 03:02 15 Sep 10

Have a look at Seagate Disc Wizard as an alternative to Freeagent to see if it has any benefits for you. (free and it works as long as you have a Seagate drive connected, even if you backup/image to another drive)

It allows some compression, but not a huge amount.

Search your drive(s) for *.*, sort by the size column and see if you have any large files you can safely delete. My ext hdd is full of TV recordings that I will never get round to watching, for example.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…