Back Ups

OhBeardedOne 09:31 21 May 08

Having recently reformatted and reinstalled XP I'm looking at something to replace a clunky version of memeo for back ups. Current favourites appear to be Genie Backup Manager Pro 8, or Acronis. Any recommendations? Also does anyone know if either of these will create a duplicate version of a folder from my PC to a NAS drive, so that family on the network have access to the NAS drive copy, but I retain the original.

Technotiger 09:44 21 May 08

Is this any help ... click here

OhBeardedOne 10:43 21 May 08

Thanks its a start, but doesn't answer my question re useable duplicates?

Technotiger 11:09 21 May 08

Afraid I am not familiar with NAS, never used it, so can't offer any assistance in that direction.

Acronis I believe will backup/create a single folder or folders. Maybe a question for an Acronis on-line forum?

crosstrainer 11:16 21 May 08

Acronis 11 will backup anything you want it to, files, folders or complete system imaging. However, much has been posted and written recently about problems with NAS devices, so I would check with them for compatibility first.

Acronis will allow you to backup to any location (I have an external USB HDD that I use) and I also backup to another hdd on my system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…